The process involves following steps:
- Create a snapshot of the root volume
- Create volume from snapshot
- Launch an instance from the AMI
Steps to launch server from AMI
- Select the AMI and click launch.
2. Choose the instance type which was previously using for that AMI, and then choose Next: Configure Instance Details. Then select the same security group which was using for that particular Instance.
3. Review the Instance Details, and then choose Review and Launch.
4. Choose your preferred boot volume, choose Next, and then choose Launch.
5. Select an existing key pair or create a new key pair, select the acknowledge agreement box, and then choose Launch Instances.
6. Choose View Instances to check the status of your instance.